What are the two important functions of the breath in saxophone playing ?
1. What is the diaphragm ?
2. What does the diaphragm do in a good breathing action ?
1. How do you take in a breath when playing saxophone :
- through the nose
- through the sides of the mouth
- through the open mouth while dropping the jaw ?
2. Where are the upper teeth when you take a breath ?
3. How do you take a breath ?
- by lifting the shoulders
- by expanding the lower rib cage and stomach muscles
- by sucking air through the throat
1. What sound do you simulated when playing to keep the throat open ?
2. How deep is each breath you take ?
3. Where do you breath in the music ?
In 4/4 time :
a minim (half note) that starts on beat 2, finishes at ............
- a minim that starts on beat 3, finishes at .............
- a dotted minim (dotted half note) that starts on beat 1, finishes at ...........
What is a whole tone scale, and how many whole tone scales are there ?