1. What are the two ways of starting or ending a note ?
2. This provides for four different ways to articulate a note. Which are they ?
3. What are the effects of closing the throat in incorrect articulation ?
4. What is double tonguing, and when is it used ?
2. Which part of the reed is touched by the tongue ?
3. Which part of the reed should not be touched by the tongue ? Is there an exception ?
4. Which part of the tongue touches the reed ?
5. Which part of the tongue should always be kept forward ? 6. What are the two functions of the tongue in saxophone playing ?
2. What happens to the air pressure in the mouth from one articulated note to the next one ?
3. What does good articulation achieve ?
2. What word(s) does the tongue simulate in staccato playing ?
3. What is the ultimate in legato playing on the sax, and how is this indicated on the music score ?Back to Lesson 7 - Answers to Quiz 7 - Top - Links
Copyright © 2002 Michael Furstner (Jazclass). All rights reserved.